Official Rules (Created 4/27/15)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Official Rules (Created 4/27/15)

Post by Ultimate Xeallar on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:11 pm

So, you wanna join here, looking to rip sprites and the like?  Well that's Great!  you should consider these rules first, you'll have a infinity more pleasant experience if you do:
1: Don't be a jerk without a good reason.  I'm not saying you can't be all flowers and rainbows.  Tough love's a great thing.  However, don't be a massive jerk unless you have PROOF that warrants such things.  Sprite Thieves?  They deserve it.  A new guy that doesn't know where to put a correct topic?  That's uncalled for and unnecessary.  You don't have to be a jerk to get your point across.  There are exceptions to the rules; these cases will be taken on a case by case basis.
2:NO E-KLEPTOMANIA, PLEASE<-- See this rule, right here?  I'm going to strictly enforce this rule.  I dislike sprite thieves with a passion.  If i found out you stole a sprite rip, you will be banned.  Why?  A: It's poor form.  B: It's incredibly disrespectful to the original ripper, and C:  If you have to resort to stealing sprites, at least learn how to rip sprites.  If i can make good sheets, you sure as hell can.  Don't do stealing, ever.
3:Speak coherently and well This forum isn't a chat room.  you don't have to resort to l33tspeak or webspeak here.  IF English isn't your first language, I can understand that.  If english IS your first and yet u typ liek dis, you'll receive a *small* warn.  i don't nearly care as much as correct grammar as most people, but at the same time, don't speak like you're in a chatroom.  I like understanding people.  Make sure you type where I can.
4:New Spriters, Read This Spriting's cool.  I know a lot of people who sprite.  However, let's be all open to criticism, harsh or not.  Some people's delivery CAN be rough around the edges, but more often than not they're not trying to be a massive jerk.  They're trying to teach you.  IF you can't take the crit, don't post your sprites.  It's as simple as that.  
5:Try if at all possible, don't use proxies.  Proxies on internet forums are bad news.  Why?  Because more than not banned members try to get back into the forum and sneakily try to hide their IP.  In line with this, if you were banned, good.  Chances are you really deserved it.
If's your temporarily banned, then I'm giving you a second chance,  and you can either improve or be banned again.  If you are permanently banned, well, you were that bad.
Let's remember this.  If you get banned, your "free rights" are not being violated.  This isn't a democracy, this is a spriting website.  The staff here can and WILL ban you at their choosing.
6: Necroposting Don't Necropost. if a thread is a month old or older, don't bump it. It' dead.

Did you read all that?  Good.  If you follow these rules, you should be fine. If you feel as if none of these rules are clear enough, feel free to shoot me a PM.  I don't bite.
Lastly, I'm a chill guy.  Feel free to make a thread in Site Discussion if something the staff did bothers you.  Just remember, the staff team (and me, for that matter), make the final judgement.
Ultimate Xeallar
Admin

View user profile http://spritearchive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Rules (Created 4/27/15)

Post by Ultimate Xeallar on Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:16 pm

Updated the rules with a new one.  Don't necropost, ever.
Ultimate Xeallar
Admin

View user profile http://spritearchive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top